- the circumstances in which we or one of our related entities may collect personal information (including financial and other sensitive information) from other sources (including from a third party);
- how to access personal information and seek correction of personal information; and
- how you can raise concerns that we or one of our related entities has breached the Privacy Act or an applicable code and how we or our related entity will deal with those matters.
At My Money Sorted we are committed to ensuring the confidentiality and security of your personal information (including health and other sensitive information). We are bound by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
How we use your information
My Money Sorted collects your personal information (including financial and other sensitive information) to provide to reputable providers of financial products and services. In order to undertake the management and administration of products and services, it may be necessary for us to disclose your personal information (including financial and other sensitive information) to certain third parties.
We may collect and use information about you during the course of your relationship with each of us.
It is important that the information we hold about you is up to date. You must let your My Money Sorted know when information you have provided has changed.
Collection, use and disclosure of information
We may use and disclose your personal information (personal, financial and other sensitive information) for the following purposes:
- to assist in connecting you with product and service providers;
- to consider your request for a product or service;
- to tell you about other products or services that may be of interest to you;
- to assist in arrangements with other organisations (for example product issuers or alliance partners) in relation to the promotion or provision of a product or service;
- to consider any concerns or complaints you raise against My Money Sorted and/or to manage any legal action involving Online Financial Planning Australia Pty Ltd
- to identify, prevent or investigate any fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct (or suspected fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct);
- to identify you or establish your tax status under any Australian or foreign legislation, regulation or treaty or pursuant to an agreement with any tax authority; or
- as required by relevant laws, regulations, codes of practice and external payment systems.
We may disclose your personal information (including personal financial and other sensitive information) to another entity in order to enable you to continue to receive financial products and services in the following circumstances:
- where we sell all or part of this business to another entity.
Absence of relevant information
If you do not provide some or all of the information requested, My Money Sorted may be unable to provide you with introductions to product and service providers.
Information required by law
Providing your information to others
We may provide your personal information (including financial and other sensitive information) to:
- a related party, or third party for the purposes outlined in this document;
- any entity with a commercial relationship with My Money Sorted which may use the information to carry out ther functions and activities; organisations, including those in an alliance with My Money Sorted, to distribute, manage and administer our products and services, carry out business functions and undertake analytics activities;
- any agent, contractor or service provider of My Money Sorted or its related entities, engaged to carry out or assist with its functions and activities (for example, IT support providers and mailing houses);
- an organisation that assists My Money Sorted to identify, prevent or investigate fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct;
- regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts;
- other parties My Money Sorted is authorised or required by law or court/tribunal order to disclose information to;
- any person who introduces you to My Money Sorted;
- your authorised agents; your executor, administrator or trustee in bankruptcy; your legal representative; your attorney; or anyone else acting for you.
Marketing and Privacy
Any entity with a commercial relationship with My Money Sorted may use your personal information to send you information about financial products and services from time to time.
We may also disclose your personal information to our related companies or organisations in an arrangement or alliance with us and/or to share information for marketing purposes. This is to enable them to tell you about a product or service offered by them or a third party with whom they have an arrangement.
If you do not want us to use and disclose your information as set out above, email email@example.com to withdraw your consent.
Personal information you provide about someone else
If you give us personal information (including financial and other sensitive information) about someone else, please show them a copy of this notice so that they may understand the manner in which their personal information (including financial and other sensitive information) may be used or disclosed in connection with your dealings with us.